There are many types of platforms to build your website on. At InGen, we typically recommend a Content Management System (CMS) if you have a large website with multiple pages and if it's an ever-evolving site where you are going to constantly be making changes to it. For enterprise-level CMS platforms, we typically suggest Sitefinity. Sitefinity is an advanced CMS designed specifically for an enterprise-level organization. We have a guide dedicated to learning about its ins and outs that you can read here.
One of the most common services we offer at InGen is Sitefinity upgrades. Like so many operating systems and platforms, Sitefinity goes through a lot of bug fixes and improvements over the years, and when they do, it's important to update to the latest version. That way, you don't miss out on new features and security updates. The latest version of Sitefinity is Sitefinity DX 14.0 (Sitefinity CMS 14.0.7700 - Official Release), which was launched on September 15, 2021. This article will outline some of the features that are included with this release. To review all the release notes, visit progress.com.
- New packaging: As you may have noted, I called out Sitefinity's release as Sitefinity DX 14.0. That is because Progress, the parent company of Sitefinity, is delivered as the base Sitefinity DX platform. With this package, there are a number of add-ons available, as well as Sitefinity Insight analytics being included.
- Integrated Chatbot-Driven Experiences: Sitefinity DX 14.0 now has a powerful AI-driven chatbot feature that allows you to keep customer service at the forefront of your business.
- Seamless Headless Content and Experience Management: This version of Sitefinity allows you to manage your users' experience across channels as it is a content-as-a-service ready platform.
- Low-Code System Integration: This feature allows you to expand connectivity options, simplify complex workflows, and reduce implementation efforts.
- Google Page Experience Enhancements: Helps you to optimize and improve SEO rankings, achieve faster page performance, and drive engagement.
- Streamlined Content Synchronization for Content Editors: This feature makes it possible for content managers to organize pieces of content or even batches without needing IT to step into the fold.
In addition to these features, Sitefinity DX 14.0 also provides Multichannel Experience Management, Scalable Global Content, and Campaign Delivery, Intelligent Marketing Tools, Simplified System Integration, Secure - Always-on Experiences, and Superior Flexibility Agility and Scalability. If you are on a lower version of Sitefinity, you don't want to miss out on upgrading to this latest version. Migration and upgrades can be a little tricky so contact our specialists today so that you can start your update process as soon as possible!