At InGen, our team is proud of the products and services we deliver to our clients. We are a 38-year Creative Software Company that is looking for a skilled Senior Developer to join our team.
A successful candidate will interact with all levels of company leadership and team including the CEO and all team members. They will work with the team while using state of the art hardware and software tools to develop enterprise business solutions for our clients.
InGen’s developers are critical to the success of InGen’s product delivery and client engagement. They interface with our clients to ensure deliverables are clearly aligned with client expectations. Using client input at the earliest phase of an engagement and throughout delivery of the project, our developers assist in the interpretation of requirements and define the methods and tasks to complete the project. They work under the supervision of an InGen Development Director and deliver software & technical elements assigned to them.
The most important outcome for every InGen team member is to meet client expectations on every project. Delighting and surprising clients by delivering quality results on time, on budget and to their specific requirements almost always creates long lasting relationships.
Characteristics of Company Senior Developers
- They are expert software developers.
- They are technical subject matter experts.
- They are excellent team players.
- They are adept at the use of tools and best practices in delivery of work in an Agile environment.
- They are excellent communicators and interface directly with client technical / product owner leads to understand the technical requirements of the client and suggest approaches that will deliver on client expectations.
- They actively contribute to completion of the projects they are assigned.
- They play a lead role the project team in defining the work, tasks and deliverables such that the team clearly understands the objectives and client expectations.
- They work closely with InGen leaders in all phases of client engagement to ensure complete client satisfaction.
Required Competencies and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Thorough understanding of backend technologies and frameworks
- Mastery of C# on the .NET Framework (classic .NET, .NET Core, .NET 5+), Microsoft .NET, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – client and internal facing
Additional Preferred Competencies and Skills
- Progress Software Sitefinity: .NET Core development, Sitefinity administration, Sitefinity workflows, Sitesync, MVC forms
- Progress Software Open Edge: Open Edge, ABL / 4GL, OOABL, Open Edge RDMS Database Administration,PASOE App Server / OE App Server
Team Planning and Execution Responsibilities
- Meet and plan weekly with directors and team members to receive assignments.
- Participate in client meetings with InGen team members as needed for project design and delivery.
- Assume individual responsibility for assigned tasks and deliverables.
- Utilize and master the use of online team tools (Teamwork, Slack, Zoom).
- Enter weekly service time in a consistent and orderly fashion.
- Execute on time with competence, clarity and quality.
- Projects will be diverse and utilize multiple development frameworks and language.
- Strong acumen for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Responsible and Accountable.
- Self-starter. Ability to work with minimum oversight.
- Active Listener.
- Pays attention to details.
- Mentor and Team Player.
- Solid knowledge of software design principles.
- Ability to evaluate choices critically, with the client needs in mind.
- Ability to communicate technical options clearly.
- Great multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Driven and tenacious in achieving client and corporate deadlines.
- Strong desire to grow professionally with ongoing education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective people, project and time management skills.
Travel and Work Style
- We have been a significantly remote team before and during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- This position can be fulfilled 95%+ on a remote basis.
- InGen operates regional and remote offices in the following locations: Indianapolis, Indiana; Evansville, Indiana; Fort Wayne, Indiana; Atlanta, Georgia; Denver, Colorado; Louisville, KY
- Infrequent travel 3-4 times per year to Indianapolis, Evansville or cities for company meetings.
- Team members local to the Evansville and Indianapolis offices work there 2-4 days per week.
- InGen supports flexible work arrangements that revolve around business needs.